Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Neversoft Entertainment, located in Woodland Hills, CA, is currently seeking a paid Visual Effects Artist Intern to work on our new FPS. If you can build and texture awe inspiring effects, and have a passion for creating game art, then we are looking for you.
· Use internal VFX editing tools to create high quality effects that fulfill the requirements of the game’s functional, art and technical/performance specifications.
· Use 3D packages such as Maya and/or 3D Studio Max to create high quality 3D art assets that augment those effects as needed.
· Work closely with Game Designers and Programmers to create top-quality video games.
· Understand the requirements and constraints of the game design, engine and platform.
· Ability to relocate to the L.A. area for 3-6 mos.
· Visual Effects authoring experience with one or more existing effects editing solutions.
· Ability to author texture source from scratch or photo/video reference, and create looping texture sets through use of Photoshop and After Effects
· Understanding of compositing techniques.
· Maya and/or 3D Studio Max experience
· Understanding of shading and lighting techniques for real-time 3D characters and environments
· Team player & strong communicator
· Self-motivated with a strong artistic vision that allows you to complete tasks without supervision
· Strong interest in and general knowledge of video games
How to Apply:
· Apply online at: thttp://www.neversoft.com/careers.html (select VFX Artist Intern”)
· Provide samples of prior work including: screenshots, textures, level meshes, and/or playable samples of your best work.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer
Job posting found here: http://www.techcareers.com/job.asp?id=63829916&aff=6F3F2FA0-9086-47B2-BF92-5E236FA388D5