Location: : Irvine, California
Blizzard Entertainment’s cinematics technical directing team is looking for technical director interns for summer 2013. The ideal applicant will have a strong understanding of CG/VFX production processes, excellent programming skills, and the ability to work closely with artists and engineers to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion.
Depending on the applicant’s areas of expertise and the technical directing team’s needs, technical director interns may be involved with artist support or production troubleshooting as well as the development of tools and workflows. A passion for CG/VFX, gaming, and technical problem-solving is essential for success. Candidates must be able to develop and debug in Python, have a strong working knowledge of CG principles, and have a strong interest in production and development principles.
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) and planning to return to school following the internship
- Passion for Blizzard Entertainment games and CGI/VFX movie making
- Demonstrated CG or VFX experience (personal or professional)
- Experience developing and debugging in Python
- Strong familiarity with Maya
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of CG principles
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, etc.) with an emphasis on CGI
- Familiarity with game or graphics engine development
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields: shaders, animation, networking, physics, Max/Maya plugins, and content pipeline tools
- Cover Letter
Applications that do not include all required application materials will not be considered. Please review your application materials carefully before submitting. We cannot change or update your materials once you have submitted your application.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.