Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.
Location: Culver City, Los Angeles, CA
The production services & resources (psr) team provides consistent high-quality technical production support to the various shows at Imageworks. The PSR team secures, manipulates and manages each shows digital assets throughout all stages of the production life cycle, according to the fluid requirements of facility policy and each projects specific needs. The group is often viewed as a footstep role into the industry as our mentoring program has produced 112 alumni that have moved into other roles at the facility, including systems, software, production, training and artist positions.
Proposed Project Profile:
Within the PSR intern program, candidates will:
- Learn how to document, report and measure progress on their goals and projects
- Work alongside production services technicians supporting current shows in production
- Gain exposure to various tasks like preparation for dailies, vendor transfers, render queue wrangling and disk space management
- Experience team-room working environments
- Provide help to digital archiving team who is responsible for our extensive production backup pipeline from end to end
- Tackle department level coding and web based projects
- Participate in code review to help enhance coding skills
- Attend department meetings and Meet-n-Greet events
- Attend various training courses as requested
Internship Learning Opportunities/Experience Profile:
Interns will work alongside the production services teams that support the shows as well as the internal department support groups. They’ll get a great behind the scenes view of what kinds of efforts are needed to make sure data flows through the facility. Intern projects are designs to bring value to the department as well as offer the student a sense of ownership and valuable selected to be achievable based on their skill level and the time they are with the group. They’ll have an opportunity to strengthen their coding skills while learning about the various pipelines that support the shows. Each intern also receives a keepsake document that outlines their time spent with the group.
The Spectrum Internship Program’s summer session is a full-time, 40 hour/ week commitment lasting for an 8 week period from late June through mid August. All applicants must be in good academic standing and available for the entire 8 week session.
- passion for the VFX/animation industry
- good verbal and written communication skills
- familiarity with Unix/Linux preferred
- scripting ability (Python preferred, but not necessary)