The Designer, Animation Motion Graphics Artist is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project.
The candidate will be creating 3D renderings of Naval ships as realistic as possible and then animating interior and exterior with situations such as air flow, fire, different scenarios that occur on ships. The person will also create 3D renderings of parts within a ship to display in large format, In addition the person should be familiar with the Creative Suite, to help out with the graphic designers on certain tasks.
Accomplished professional digital modeler and illustrator with proven ability to produce 3d models, illustrations and animation of exceptional quality
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in Art. Experience as a real time Visual FX Artist. Experience with 2D or 3D animation. Strong traditional Art Skills. Produce 3D geometry, UV mapping, or basic animations using 3D Studio Max.
- visualization specialist, creating 3d digital models and photorealistic renderings.
- 3-d modeling, rendering and animation services for web and multimedia applications.
- Motion graphics and photo manipulation.
- Be able to create photo-realistic content for film and animation video and be able to develop a number of different environmental effects – including natural phenomena like snow, sleet, smoke, and other particle-based graphics.
- Be able to bring skills together to create a seamless blend of the real and artificial content for you’re audience.
5 years of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience with Adobe/Cinema4D/Maya/VIZ-RT or related software.
Core software skills include:
- Autodesk Autocad
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Photoshop,
- Rendering software
- Premiere and After Effects
- Creative Suite
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or stems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next vel
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
Compensation: based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and digital portfolio samples to Janice O’Connor