Location: Glasgow (United Kingdom)
Start Date: immediately
Axis Animation is looking for a CGI Intern to join the team onsite in our Glasgow studio starting in December for 13 weeks.
If you think you have what it takes to be an Axis intern, please contact your local Jobcentre Plus Personal Advisor who will check eligibility.
All applications must go via the jobcentre and not direct to Axis.
To apply for this internship you must :
- be aged 18 – 30 and resident in Scotland.
- hold an SCQF Level 8+ qualificationrelated to the arts or creative industries (equivalent to an HND, first degree, SVQ Level 4 or above).
- not be a current full-time student.
- have an active claim for out-of-work benefits, and not be currently receiving support from another Government employment programme (e.g. the Work Programme, Work Choices).
- Basic 3d tasks that support an artist and/or production on possibly a variety of projects, allowing the intern to understand the general processes involved within that department and learn variations to workflow by working on different projects.
- Basic editing and Photoshop tasks that support an editor and/or production on a variety of projects, thus familiarising the intern on the progressive storyboard/animatic and review process within the studio.
- After some time on the above the intern would be expected to advance to working on more specific bite size tasks on a particular asset or shot, which the intern would take ownership of, complete to brief, technical specification and quality, before passing the asset or shot, onto an artist/supervisor for review and feedback.
- The intern will be expected to be thorough on any given task, and adhere to project structure and studio guidelines wherever applicable.
- Individual must be confident and fully capable of creating content in a 3d application.
- Must possess a strong showreel or online portfolio, relevant to the 3d skillset they wish to develop whilst at Axis.
- Must be passionate about animation.
- Must be able to take onboard all the guidance and critiques that will be given.
Job posting: http://www.axisanimation.com/index.php?id=1071