Location: Irvine, California
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard’s Cinematics shader writing team is looking for shader writing interns. The ideal applicants will have a strong understanding of CG/VFX production processes, excellent programming skills, and the ability to work closely with artists and engineers to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion. Shader writing interns may be involved with artists’ support, production troubleshooting, as well as the development of tools and workflows related to shader writing, depending on the applicant’s areas of expertise and the shader writing team’s needs. Ideally, candidates will have a strong working knowledge of CG principles and have a strong interest in production and development principles.
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) and planning to return to school upon completion of the internship
- A passion for CG/VFX, games and technical problem-solving is essential for success
- Candidates must be able to develop and debug in C++ and have knowledge of shader languages
- Majoring in a related field (technical art, art, animation, etc.)
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of and experience with our game franchises and their associated universes
- Resume and cover letter
- Demo reel highlighting any applicable art experience (please provide link to website)
When you intern with us, you’re respected as a full member of the team, doing real work that often times ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.