Location: Irvine, California
Blizzard’s Cinematics R&D team is looking for software engineer interns to build tools for the artists creating our award-winning CG productions. The ideal applicant will have a strong understanding of CG/VFX pipeline development processes, excellent programming skills, and the ability to work closely with engineers and artists to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion. R&D engineer interns may be involved with programming of tools and support software and / or user interface elements, depending on the applicant’s areas of expertise and the R&D team’s needs. A passion for CG / VFX, gaming, and programming is essential for success.
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) and planning to return to school following the internship
- Demonstrated CG or VFX programming experience (personal or professional)
- Experience developing and debugging in C / C++
- Strong familiarity with Python
- Strong interest and understanding of physics and engineering principals
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong CG related mathematics background (linear algebra, geometry, etc.)
- Passion for Blizzard games and CGI / VFX movie making
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer graphics, etc. ) with an emphasis on CGI
- Familiarity with game or graphics engine development
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields: shaders, animation, networking, physics, Max/Maya plugins, and content pipeline tools
- Resume and cover letter
When you intern with us, you’re respected as a full member of the team, doing real work that often times ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.