Location: Irvine, California
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Cinematics’ technical directing team is looking for technical director interns for summer 2014. The ideal applicant will have a strong understanding of CG/VFX production processes, excellent programming skills, and the ability to work closely with artists and engineers to recognize the shared vision and see it through from concept to completion.
Technical director interns may be involved with artists support, or production troubleshooting, as well as the development of tools and workflows, depending on the applicant’s areas of expertise and the technical directing team’s needs. A passion for CG/VFX, games and technical problem-solving is essential for success. Candidates must be able to develop and debug in Python, have a strong working knowledge of CG principles, and have a strong interest in production and development principles.
- Currently pursuing a degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) and planning to return to school following the internship
- Passion for Blizzard Entertainment games and CGI/VFX movie making
- Demonstrated CG or VFX experience (personal or professional)
- Experience developing and debugging in Python
- Strong familiarity with Maya
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong knowledge of CG principles
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, etc.) with an emphasis on CGI
- Familiarity with game or graphics engine development
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields: shaders, animation, networking, physics, Max/Maya plugins, and content pipeline tools
- Resume and cover letter
On Blizzard Culture
When you intern with us, you’re respected as a full member of the team, doing real work that often times ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Blizzard exists in a hyper-creative atmosphere, curated by talented professionals serious about getting the most out of themselves and our culture. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living, and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute. Ours is a highly collaborative environment, and we’re drawn to like-minded people who love knowledge-sharing and thrive in a team setting. Being part of a team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind – one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest.