POSITION: WordPress Web Developer
COMPANY: Mighty Engine
LOCATION: Old City Philadelphia, PA
- 4-6 years of experience developing standards-based websites using valid, semantic markup for structure and CSS for layout
- Expert knowledge of WordPress
- Experience with PHP and MySQL (or similar database query language)
- Thorough knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to keep up with current development trends and other popular styling and scripting techniques, including responsive design
- Ability to be extremely detail-oriented with strong commitment to cross-browser and cross-platform testing, troubleshooting and quality assurance
- Extensive knowledge of UI design methodology and processes (user centered and interactive design)
- Must be able to understand all phases of web product design and development
- Excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills–person will be working within a team environment, balancing multiple projects and priorities while meeting, in many cases, extremely tight deadlines
- Portfolio of previous design work demonstrating experience and skill level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Build responsively designed WordPress websites based on templates from graphic design department.
- Customize WordPress plugins to whatever the project calls for.
- Work with project managers and designers to develop functionality requirements, specifications, timelines and wireframes for all web projects.
- Develop HTML ecards from scratch.
- Incorporate updates and additions to legacy sites (not necessarily built in WordPress).
- Follow current trends in web design, development and social media.
- Set up hosting for new clients; transfer existing websites to new hosting services.
- Keep records of all hosting, database, FTP and other information for web department.
- Work with creative team to develop digital strategies for current and new clients based on their audiences and goals.
- Work with business development team to respond to proposals for new website projects; provide time estimates and recommendations for functionality/scope of work.
- Test all new web products to ensure consistency in all major browsers and on mobile and tablet products.
- Ensure all web products adhere to web standards.
- COMPENSATION: $50,000+
HOW TO APPLY: Please send resume, link to online portfolio, and cover letter (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.