INTERN: FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER
The Intern Front-End Web Developer plays a key role in the Marketing and Digital Creative departments of our Boutique Marketing and Advertising Firm. We are a 15 year old ad agency and interactive group whose clients are specific to the pharma, biotech, life science and healthcare industry. This is an excellent opportunity for you to hone your programming and creative skills while getting real, hands-on experience in the evolving web industry.
The Front-End Web Developer supports the team by assisting in the design (moderate), development/programming, and deployment of email blasts, web sites, web projects, as well as updating and maintaining existing web sites and functionality.
The Front-End Web Developer should take ownership of and responsibility for projects and systems they work on, and remain versatile and willing to work on a wide variety of development tasks.
- Carry out the Digital Marketing plan for the firm.
- Design and Code Email Blasts.
- Track the process for the creation of content for Blogs, Social Media etc.
- Assist web development team to program, build, and edit web sites, create interactive web content and digital media as needed.
- Match programming to design teams PSD and PDF designs.
- Design and maintain HTML/CSS templates
- Manage Firms web domain (set-up emails, trouble shoot)
- Coordinate workflow with our team of content specialists, developers, and designers
- Test, track, and resolve bugs
- Learn the fundamentals of search engine optimization
- Communicate progress and challenges with web development team through the entire web development process.
Internship level Position. Some College or equivalent work experience.
- Software Knowledge: Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver
- Extensive WordPress knowledge and the ability to build websites in a CMS.
- Experience with open-source CMSs like WordPress, Drupal, Magento and Joomla.
- Understanding of Cross Browser Testing, de-bugging and limitations.
- Understanding of current web technologies and programming practices.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines while working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, offer and incorporate feedback, meet deadlines and work with a sense of purpose
- Strong attention to detail, process and documentation
- Strong communication skills, including face-to-face, e-mail and phone
- Attention to detail and pixel-perfect transformation of Photoshop files into compliant program files.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE (not required):
- Adobe Illustrator CS6 and InDesign
- Skills in UI Design
- Mobile application development
- Google APOs and Tools: Web Developer Tools, Analytics, Custom Search (CSE)
- Social Media API Integration: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc…
- Desire to Learn Any or All of the Above
Intern reports directly to the CEO.
Intern/Co-op hours are 10-15 hours per week. We are very flexible and will work with your schedule. Starting Pay $12-$18 Depending on Experience. Internship can lead to full-time position with excellent benefits package. Our firm is expanding rapidly and you will have many opportunities to grow with us!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Email us your cover letter, resume and at least 3 examples of websites that you have designed to email@example.com.