Job Title: Architectural Modeling Specialist
Catalyst Outdoor Advertising, LLC (Catalyst) is a leading provider of outdoor media in the New York and Philadelphia DMA’s, the first and fourth largest media markets in the United States. The company operates the second largest digital signage network in the Philadelphia DMA and will grow to be the market leader in 2016. Thoroughly covering the entire DMA the company’s network reaches the most desirable demographic by having locations in areas that were never thought possible. In addition to the company’s geographical diversity its portfolio contains traditional monopole structures along with Monument Displays, Occupied Structures, and Urban Experiential Displays.
Catalyst Outdoor Advertising is looking for an experienced architectural renderer to join our Business Development team in the role of an Architectural Modeling Specialist located in Newtown Square, PA.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing original and insightful 3D architectural renderings of Monument Displays, Occupied Structures and Urban Experiential DisplaysTM as an integral member of the Business Development Team
- Proactively gather necessary information from the Head of Business Development to create a 3D rendered environment that addresses the client’s needs/wants
- Incorporate designs into a full motion video environment using motion tracking capabilities
- Willingness to immerse themselves in their design project by visiting the property site, taking necessary photos and absorbing unique designs elements of the surrounding environment
- Working with others such as architects and other technicians to complete the final product
- Meeting and exceeding design timelines on a consistent basis
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism
- Proficiency in 3D Software (i.e. Revit, Maya, AutoDesk, AutoCAD Architecture or other 3D modeling software packages)
- Have a high degree of competence in rendering capabilities with Commercial/Residential real estate and/or architectural landscaping a plus
- Outdoor Sculpture or “Community Art” rendering experience a plus
- Possess strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office
- Must excel in a fast paced environment with ability to multi-task proficiently
- Must be a self-starter and not require constant supervision
- Must be willing to work beyond the 40 hour work week and respond to off-hours requests for assistance as needed
- Candidate must also have his or her own source of transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2-5 years in a creative and collaborative team design environment
- Have a “portfolio” of 5 or more rendered projects to showcase
- Demonstrated ability to meet project goals on a regular basis
- Ability to manage multiple clients and tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Comfortable with fast paced and high growth environment
Compensation includes aggressive base salary and full health benefits. Specific compensation packages will be tailored to the candidate given their experience level. Opportunity is available that you can advance as far and as fast as your drive, abilities and interests allow.
About: Catalyst is one of the fasted growing privately held companies in the country. Our success is directly attributable to the team of people that is Catalyst and we take very seriously the prospect of adding additional team members. Our interview process is extensive and intense but if you have what it takes the rewards are vast. In a world where human beings have been relegated to human capital Catalyst focuses on the needs of the individual by creating an idealized work environment. These benefits at working at Catalyst come with a high expectation of performance.
If you have a desire to work alongside a team of highly motivated, driven, and intellectually advanced individuals in a goal oriented fast paced environment that rewards achievement then Catalyst is a place you can call home. This role requires the candidate to have a proven portfolio of architectural rendering excellence and a desire to build upon that while accelerating their career trajectory. If you believe that you are one of the best at what you do then we would like to hear from you.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume to Careers@CatalystOutdoor.com
POSITION: 2D Animator
COMPANY: Vividgery Pictures
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
- Experience in Animation, especially 2D.
- Background in Drawing & Storyboarding (preferred)
- Background in Video editing (preferred)
- Background in Graphic Designing (preferred)
- Have own equipment or means to produce work.
- Ability to work effectively alone, as well as in a team.
- To develop 10-15 minutes of animation for a Short Film Documentary
- Work closely with Director and Graphic Designer in animating their illustrations
- Able to instruct Graphic Designer on image formatting.
- This is an entry level position, best suited for recent graduates or those with 1-3 yrs experience
COMPENSATION: $1,500 – $2,000 for entire project (based upon experience) + IMDb movie credits
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Justin McLaughlin (215-964-3256) with portfolio / sample work at Justin.firstname.lastname@example.org. Place Drexel Animator in the subject line.
POSITION: Architectural 3D-Modeler
LOCATION: Wilmington, DE 19801
REQUIREMENTS: Proficient in 3D-Studio Max, Photo Shop, Knowledge of V-Ray is a bonus
DUTIES: Architectural Modeling using 3D-Studio Max, All aspects of Creating Marketing level Architectural Scenes, Exterior and Interior for Stills, Animation and Interactive.
COMPENSATION: Full-Time Salary Position $35k – $50k+ based on experience / qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: Contact: Andrew Burkert at email@example.com
POSITION: 3D Modeler
COMPANY: Local Philadelphia artist studio (www.timportlock.net)
LOCATION: West Philadelphia PA
REQUIREMENTS: The ability to quickly create clean low polygon models in Maya, your own computer and a non-student version of maya.
DUTIES: I am an artist looking for Maya modelers who can efficiently create clean accurate polygon models of architecture based on photographs. The person or persons who performs this job should have the ability to work from home with direction and may be required to also occasionally work at my artists studio in West Philadelphia. The pay is $25 an hour for approximately 3-4 hours a week for about 4-8 weeks. Depending on how the project develops the job could potentially extend into the summer. Any candidate interested please send me an email containing a link to your portfolio and at least two professional or academic references.
COMPENSATION: $25 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org “modeling job” as the subject line. The email must contain a link to your portfolio with examples of strong polygon modeling and two references with formal job titles that can speak on your modeling ability. They can be college professors.
The Designer, Animation Motion Graphics Artist is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project.
The candidate will be creating 3D renderings of Naval ships as realistic as possible and then animating interior and exterior with situations such as air flow, fire, different scenarios that occur on ships. The person will also create 3D renderings of parts within a ship to display in large format, In addition the person should be familiar with the Creative Suite, to help out with the graphic designers on certain tasks.
Accomplished professional digital modeler and illustrator with proven ability to produce 3d models, illustrations and animation of exceptional quality
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in Art. Experience as a real time Visual FX Artist. Experience with 2D or 3D animation. Strong traditional Art Skills. Produce 3D geometry, UV mapping, or basic animations using 3D Studio Max.
- visualization specialist, creating 3d digital models and photorealistic renderings.
- 3-d modeling, rendering and animation services for web and multimedia applications.
- Motion graphics and photo manipulation.
- Be able to create photo-realistic content for film and animation video and be able to develop a number of different environmental effects – including natural phenomena like snow, sleet, smoke, and other particle-based graphics.
- Be able to bring skills together to create a seamless blend of the real and artificial content for you’re audience.
5 years of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience with Adobe/Cinema4D/Maya/VIZ-RT or related software.
Core software skills include:
- Autodesk Autocad
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Photoshop,
- Rendering software
- Premiere and After Effects
- Creative Suite
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or stems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next vel
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
Compensation: based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and digital portfolio samples to Janice O’Connor
POSITION: 3D MODELING HELPER
COMPANY: Marianne Lovink, Artist/Sculptor
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
REQUIREMENTS: Looking for a student proficient in 3D modeling techniques using Rhino software to assist a local sculptor with a series of upcoming projects
DUTIES: Part-time/freelance position – student to set own hours
COMPENSATION: $25+/hour. Salary to be negotiated based on experience and proficiency.
HOW TO APPLY: Please contact Marianne Lovink at email@example.com