POSITION: Freelance Designer
COMPANY: Origin Almond is a producer of cold-pressed almond milk. We’re on our way to disrupting the thriving plant-based dairy alternatives category by offering the fresh-made almond milk experience through both retail & wholesale product lines. We’re looking for extraordinary design talent that can help us further elevate our consumer-facing touchpoints, e.g. packaging, marcom materials, online, etc.
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA / South Jersey (flexible – remote location OK)
- a compelling ideas-driven portfolio that demonstrates advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Experience with After Effects or coding are a bonus.
- excellent communication, organization and accountability skills. We’re a startup that’s relentless on self-improvement and betterment through idea exchanges & market insights.
DUTIES: Current project revolves around the redesign of our product packaging. Potential for ongoing consulting work or additional projects.
COMPENSATION: $25/hour or can be negotiated if on a per-project basis
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume & portfolio link to: email@example.com
POSITION: Interactive Design & Development Intern
LOCATION: Philadelphia, PA
- Enrolled or recent graduate in a digital design, multimedia or equivalent program
- Proficient with HTML, CSS
- Familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Web Design trends and UX a plus
- Interest in mobile site / app development
- Have a portfolio site that shows off your potential
- Strong desire to be part of a team and learn new things
- Have the opportunity to gain experience working on all facets of our web and mobile application projects in a collaborative studio environment.
- Our clients are for-profit, non-profit, national and international and include Alliance for Downtown New York, William Penn Foundation, Great Apes Survival Partnership [GRASP] and the Times Square Alliance.
COMPENSATION: Stipend depending on days per week
HOW TO APPLY: If you meet the requirements, email your resume, examples of work, and why you are a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries or recruiters please.
POSITION: Digital Production Artist
COMPANY: SonoSim, Inc.
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
REQUIREMENTS: Must be proficient in HTML, Photoshop, Audition, Premiere, AfterEffects. Learning management system experience and JIRA experience a plus.
DUTIES: Create all digital assets for online multimedia courses.
COMPENSATION: $25-$30/hr DOE. 40 hours per week equivalent through July 1st with contract-to-hire possibility.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and portfolio to email@example.com
POSITION: 3D Character Design & Animation Instructor
COMPANY: String Theory Charter School
LOCATION: 1600 Vine St. Philadelphia, PA 19102
REQUIREMENTS/DUTIES: String Theory Schools is seeking an instructor for its 3D Design major. This is a project-based educational program in which high school students will be using Maya, Mudbox, and Motionbuilder to create and animate 3D characters for games and film projects. The school is equipped with a 12-camera Vicon motion capture studio. Experience with character design, rigging, and animation is essential.
ABOUT: String Theory Schools has one of the most innovative curriculum models in the country and has been honored as an Apple Distinguished School. Please visit www.stringtheoryschools.com for more information about the program.
COMPENSATION: ∼ 43,000 for first year teachers with a BA.
HOW TO APPLY: http://www.stringtheoryschools.com/#!/page_employment
POSITION: 3D Modeler
COMPANY: Local Philadelphia artist studio (www.timportlock.net)
LOCATION: West Philadelphia PA
REQUIREMENTS: The ability to quickly create clean low polygon models in Maya, your own computer and a non-student version of maya.
DUTIES: I am an artist looking for Maya modelers who can efficiently create clean accurate polygon models of architecture based on photographs. The person or persons who performs this job should have the ability to work from home with direction and may be required to also occasionally work at my artists studio in West Philadelphia. The pay is $25 an hour for approximately 3-4 hours a week for about 4-8 weeks. Depending on how the project develops the job could potentially extend into the summer. Any candidate interested please send me an email containing a link to your portfolio and at least two professional or academic references.
COMPENSATION: $25 per hour.
HOW TO APPLY: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org “modeling job” as the subject line. The email must contain a link to your portfolio with examples of strong polygon modeling and two references with formal job titles that can speak on your modeling ability. They can be college professors.
The Verizon Wireless Product Development group is looking for a talented UX Designer to join our team. You would be involved in design innovative strategies for Smart TV, mobile and tablet devices. Working with multiple groups to develop complex digital products will require Out-of- the box thinking, a collaborative nature, and ability to challenge the status quo while achieving the goal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating high quality concept screens, graphics, wireframes, comps and icons.
- Translating concepts and ideas into wireframes, workflow diagrams, customer journey maps and visual designs using CS6.
- Distilling down into design requirements
- Creating high-end images with Adobe Illustrator
- Effectively communicating user experience and design directions
- Creating high-end presentation video production using Adobe After Effects – helpful
- Creating Web design using HTML 5 and Dreamweaver CS6 – helpful
The right person for this job lives and breathes mobile experiences and has an amazing grasp on market trends and a vision for what this space could be 2-5 years into the future. That person will bring design thinking to projects and act as a voice of UX innovation in the product development process; being passionate about mobile products and technology.
Required Qualification: Education: Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Information Design, Visual Design or related field;
- Hopefully, 5+ years experience as a UX Designer, Interaction Designer and computer graphic designer
- Recently graduated candidates will also be considered depending on their academic excellence.
- A portfolio is a must – Please add your link or pdf of portfolio in the resume.
Qualified Candidates Contact:
UX Designer at AgreeYa Solutions
Project-Term CG Generalist at A Maniacal Game
Digital Media M.S. Alumni, Drexel University
The Designer, Animation Motion Graphics Artist is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project.
The candidate will be creating 3D renderings of Naval ships as realistic as possible and then animating interior and exterior with situations such as air flow, fire, different scenarios that occur on ships. The person will also create 3D renderings of parts within a ship to display in large format, In addition the person should be familiar with the Creative Suite, to help out with the graphic designers on certain tasks.
Accomplished professional digital modeler and illustrator with proven ability to produce 3d models, illustrations and animation of exceptional quality
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in Art. Experience as a real time Visual FX Artist. Experience with 2D or 3D animation. Strong traditional Art Skills. Produce 3D geometry, UV mapping, or basic animations using 3D Studio Max.
- visualization specialist, creating 3d digital models and photorealistic renderings.
- 3-d modeling, rendering and animation services for web and multimedia applications.
- Motion graphics and photo manipulation.
- Be able to create photo-realistic content for film and animation video and be able to develop a number of different environmental effects – including natural phenomena like snow, sleet, smoke, and other particle-based graphics.
- Be able to bring skills together to create a seamless blend of the real and artificial content for you’re audience.
5 years of hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience with Adobe/Cinema4D/Maya/VIZ-RT or related software.
Core software skills include:
- Autodesk Autocad
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max
- Adobe Photoshop,
- Rendering software
- Premiere and After Effects
- Creative Suite
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or stems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next vel
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
Compensation: based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume and digital portfolio samples to Janice O’Connor