POSITION: 2D Game Artist
Code91 – Talent Execution Perseveration
We are the one who look for changes, we never settle and look only for the bet, our products are the reflection of who we try to be, the next diamond in the gaming industry.
Code91 is seeking an experienced 2D game artist with a strong background on game digital assets production that will collaborate closely with our team of game development professionals on a new unique casual mobile game.
As a game artist you will be designing and realize all our gameplay elements, characters, environments and user interfaces that will make our game world a special place to be.
- Excels at creating 2D digital assets
- Has a keen eye for compelling visuals
- Has a solid understanding of 2D related to games
- Knows the ins and outs of photoshop (or equivalent sw)
- Understand modern mobile games
- Is able to integrate it’s own art within Unity3D
- Is committed to their craft and obsessed with quality
- Excels at cross-disciplinary communication and collaboration
- Has exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Effectively and independently manage time as part of a team
- Create, export and implement 2D Environments, Characters, Gameplay and UI assets
- Help define, document, and maintain a history of your work
- Communicate effectively with team members and production
- Actively partecipate in the game design and evaluation process
- Degree in Digital Art (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years professional experience building art for games
- Contributed to at least one shipped game title in the role of digital artist
- Driven to solve problems, collaborate, and continuously learn
- Advocate for quality
- Organized, detail-oriented and self-efficient
Code91 was founded late 2014 by Victor Esquivel, Founder and CEO, and Enrico Bottani, Co-Founder and CTO With offices in Toluca and Gorduno, this is the first independent studio with offices spacing from Mexico and Switzerland. We believe games should provide truly immersive experiences, rich dynamic environments, and adaptive stories that respond smartly to the player’s actions.
Code91 is an awesome place to work. Why?
Our team is a creative, interdisciplinary group of people who are making the difference. Through innovative games we’re working to modernize and revolutionize gaming! We believe that the best work – and the best life – comes from a healthy balance between work and play, discipline, and fun. Our office culture reflects this. Among others, we have flexible work hours, LAN nights, grill outs. One of our crazy offices is located on the amazing Ticino, the southern most region of Switzerland, and offers stunning views of the heart of the Alps, a lively city with a world-class UNESCO castle, an incredible quiet environment surrounded by woods.
Please send your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include a cover letter, addressed to Enrico Bottani, a resume, a visual portfolio (preferably web-based) showcasing your very best work. The most successful portfolios include outstanding art and that incredible work you can’t stop looking at. This is a full time, remote, freelancing position that can quickly turn into a full time position.